Spring has sprung and Summer is sneaking up on us…I am so excited to do another give away for all of my wonderful followers!! Because I can’t wait for the Olympics; there will be a little Q&A involved about my favorite Olympic moment…no worries it will be fun!!! Check out these awesome gifts……no a trip to London is not included All of the stars seemed to be aligned for me to win the Power Ball as I hoped to provide a trip to London for some of you. Not quite sure what happened……However the Kentucky Derby is Saturday…we still have a chance. Let me phone Vegas
Calling Ravens Fans, Food Fans, or People who love to eat!!!!
Tenille Moore( Director of Food Services for the Ravens) and myself at the Ravens Training Facility
Great Gift #1
A “Cooking Class” with the Ravens Head Chef, Director of Food Services and Me
Tenille Moore, Food Director for the Ravens, Nick Goff, Head Chef for the Ravens, Classic Catering, and Cooking With The Pros will be offering 12 people a cooking class to be hosted in Baltimore..Date to be announced…AWESOME!!!! With some cool give away’s too….
Great Gift #2 Jewelry
A $50 gift certificate for Silpada Jewelry
OK..gentleman you can shoot for this gift too… a wife, girlfriend, sister, daughter, or you can give it to me
Great Gift # 3
A year subscription to ESPN magazine…My Favorite Sports Mag..
And I do wish this young man the best of luck..not that he would get his butt kicked by Andrew Luck statistically or anything like that..Just his own success. Lord knows the Redskins need his talent
ESPN magazine has big bold pictures and excellent articles…
Great Gift # 4
A year subscription to Food Network Magazine..my favorite food Mag
Bobby Flay is my favorite of all…… I love Bobby and one day he will be my mentor!!! He’ll figure it out soon
Great Gift #5 Travel Mug
Very nice travel mugs I saw at Kimmans in York, Pa…great little shop
This mug is wonderful for a tailgate. No one will mess with your drink…men there are even a few manly patterns…I guess it’s ok for your coffee in the morning too….
Wonderful for travel and easy clean-up with the griddle…my kinda grill! Actually my oldest daughter does much of the dish washing so this is her kinda grill….chores build character
Great Gift #7
A Personal Training Session from ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer/ All-American Track Star Shelly Mitchell-Hollingsworth
You would think because one of my best friends is in tremendous shape like this we would talk daily about me getting to my peak of fitness umm…..we don’t!! She gives me the information when I ask. Sometimes she’ll say…”So how are the workouts going Jen?” At that point there is a dramatic pause… and she laughs…Shelly is an outstanding athlete and professional! One of the kindest most patient people I know. On top of that..my girl knows how to move you from point A to point B. One day I will listen to her advice and look like her She can cover New York, New Jersey, Pa, Va, and Maryland. Gender makes no difference….she has trained hundreds of men and women!!!
Great Gift #8 Time Wise Package From Mary Kay…
along with signing of for a full facial demonstration…worth $90…
How to win……
With the countdown to the Olympics underway…. I will share my favorite Olympians and you tell me which is my all-time favorite…Then include your favorite Olympian or Olympic moment..It could be from the Winter Olympics as well..Please include what gift you would like to receive YOU MUST RESPOND IN THE COMMENT SECTION…..
Jackie Joyner Keerse
Mary Lou Retton
1992 Men’s Basketball Dream Team…
It doesn’t bother me that some of you now know I am a bit over 30 based on my responses..Let me know which moment was my favorite….and share your’s with me…Also, what gift would you like to receive..
Old Bay Shrimp and Pasta
Even though I should probably feature “Fish and Chips” to acknowledge our friend’s in London for the summer Olympics… “Fish and Chips” don’t scream summer to me. Summer means “Old Bay Seasoning” but typically on some hard shell crabs..that is a different blog on a different day.
Here are my two versions of Old Bay Shrimp and Pasta…a scampi style and one with a cream sauce..the picture would be scampi style..
Old Bay Shrimp and Pasta…Scampi Style
- 1/3 cup olive oil
-2 tbsp butter
- 4 cloves of garlic;minced
- 1 tsp of red pepper flake
- 1 packet Sazon Goya…Sin Achiote (without Annatto) this is my twist
- 1 lb medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tsp Old Bay seasoning for shrimp
- 2 tbsp Old Bay seasoning for Pasta water
- 2 tsp dried parsley flake (if you have fresh parsley please use instead)
- 1 lbs. pasta; my preference is thin spaghetti
1. In a large skillet heat oil and butte over medium heart..add garlic and red pepper flake (don’t brown)
2. Add shrimp, Old Bay Seasoning, and Sazon…saute for 3 to 4 minutes until the shrimp is pink…remove from heat…
3. Cook pasta according to instructions but season the water with olive oil and Old Bay seasoning…
4. Top pasta with shrimp mixture…if you used fresh parsley…add that when topping pasta with shrimp..
Now for the Cream Sauce……
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- tsp red pepper flake ( I use more but do to your taste)
- I/4 cup chicken stock
-2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (mild)
- 2 tsp old bay sesoning
- 1 packet Sazon
- 1 lb of fresh medium sized shrimp; peeled and deviened
- a handful of fresh chopped parsley ( fresh is best with this recipe) but use 2 tsp of dry if that is what you have on hand
1. Heat olive oil and butter in large skillet over medium heat and add the garlic and red pepper ( do not brown)
2. Add chicken stock to mixture, deglaze slightly then add heavy cream, old bay, sazon, and cheese. Whisk until cheese has melted into cream…
3. Add shrimp and cook 3 to 4 minutes until pink add parsley the last minute…
4. Prepare lbs. pasta the same as the scampi recipe (adding old bay to the pasta water)..
5. I toss my pasta into the large skillet…coat the pasta with the cream sauce an pour onto a nice big old platter to serve…You can thank me via emails and comments later…..ENJOY
Remember….Who Do You Want In Your Kitchen On Game Day!!!!